Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter Wonderland

The snow seems to have finally stopped falling, and the temperatures are finally starting to warm up.  We are supposed to be to 40* by this weekend, which means the pretty snow will be gone soon, and the ugly, brown after effects will be left.

In the meantime, however, I managed to get a really pretty picture of my area on my way to work yesterday.


It looked like the sky was on fire, and the white snow was an amazing contrast!  No matter how crappy my work day is (and it's been pretty crappy this week), the beauty of my adopted State never ceases to amaze me!

Tonight, I had to attend a mandatory Art Show at Taylor's school.  This was her final grade - making all of the parents roam around the Commons (the central common room of the high school devoted to random things like this), and look at everyone's art work.  They even served food, except it was a mandatory pot luck.  OK, so this is an instance where small-town life is a pain in my ass.  

Not that I had time to do so, but I refused to take in some food for this.  It worked out because I didn't eat anything anyway, and neither did the girls - other than take punch and cookies.

Taylor's art work was pretty good, and it was nice to see all of the other students' work, but the poetry reading, the musical number and the rather odd duo theater skit was a bit much.  But, Taylor got credit for me being there, and I got to see the really cool panda mask that she made.


I am having a very difficult time believing that today is ONLY Wednesday. This has been a long week, and I still have a long ways to go.

Oh well.  Here's to hoping tomorrow is better (at least I got my paperwork done for the week).

No comments:

Post a Comment