Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 12, 2015

Just Another Manic Monday....

Wow!!  That is the best way to sum up today.  I am very happy it is over, and once I'm done updating this blog, I will be heading to bed (yes at 2030).  I plan to sit and read a little bit and allow fantasy to take over.

There was a lot of fog rising from the Big Horn River today.  It made things a bit difficult on me on my drive into Crow this morning.



Luckily, once I got closer to Crow, I was able to have better visibility.  It was definitely something surreal to look at.  The hills were pretty, the trees were a frozen white, and there were very few people on the road to distract me from looking at it all.

Once I arrived at work, hell broke loose on me.  From the moment the first bell rang until it was time for me to go, I did not get a break.  My aide did not show up, I had meetings with the school Psychologist and the families, my boss praised me and then chastised me, my students were completely out of their minds - I was again dealing with behaviors from early in the year rather than them remembering how to act in my classroom - and then another co-worker got his knickers in a twist because I never "made time" to talk to him.  

By the time 1600 came, I was grabbing my purse and keys and running to my vehicle.  I didn't want to chance it that someone else would show up at my door and want something from me.

I wish I could get my boss to understanding that cleaning up and organizing the paperwork at this school is its own full-time job, working with students is another full time job, and then dealing with everyone else is a third full time job.  Somehow, I manage to do all of this.  Well, to a degree.  I'm not pulling the mild to moderate students in for their support like I should, but it's difficult to do when 1) the aide isn't always in my room, 2) I only have the one aide and 3) there is so much else to be done.

Yes, I spend time each work day wondering if I'll even be asked back next year.  Sometimes, the boss seems happy with me, and so many others, he doesn't.  Holy mackerel, this job is a lot of work!!

So, I took off running from Crow this afternoon, and I am happy to announce that I received my first "Montana" purchase today!!


Isn't she beautiful!!!  This is a Heckler & Koch P30 V3.  She is a 9 mm, the magazine holds 15  rounds, and she is all mine!!  I have wanted an HK since before they were available in the American market, and then I held out because California had stupid laws preventing me from getting the model I really wanted.  Moving to Montana allowed me to get this beauty!!  The best part was only having to wait in the store for 20 minutes while Randy ran my background check, and then for me to pay his transfer fee.  Other than that - no waiting!!

I practically skipped out to my Toyota and then headed home.  Imagine my surprise when I got there!!



Yep, they actually bladed our street!!  We had always been told that only the main roads get plowed because they are the old highways and main streets.  However, the snow was so deep, that many people were getting stuck on their own streets and some were stuck in their driveways.  Sadly, our street is now "one-way" since we can't turn into our driveway when driving east.  Ha!!  We have to go around the block in order to pull into our driveway and get home.  This is also going to force me to drive around the block in order to head to work, but oh well! It had to be done!

Ken  helped me to put on the smaller grips to the pistol, and then he was amazing and cleaned off the cosmoline for me while I got supper ready. He even put a new section in his notebook, got the invoice and the maintenance logged AND he cleaned out the spare mag.  I am one lucky woman to have the pistol I always wanted AND a husband who will take care of the maintenance and cleaning for me.  Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment