Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Taylor Gets Glasses

It has been a while for her, but Taylor is back in glasses.  She had them when she was five to help train her eyes, but her vision has been a little blurry.  Her prescription isn't much, but it is just enough to assist her.  She's happy with her look, and we think she looks great!


Her friend, Chase, went with her to get them fitted, and he had fun in the background while I took pictures of her.


Mandy, however, kept ducking into the closet while the camera was out. Since I was keeping the camera pointed in her direction, she finally gave up and RAN from the room to avoid the camera.  


I have NO idea why she is so camera-shy!

This morning, we woke up to snow - the big, white, puffy flakes kept falling, and I loved every minute of it!  Even when I have to go out in the cold and mess, I love the snow.  It is such a difference from what I grew up with, and it is very pretty.  Of course, I have now seen it when it's brown and dirty and gross, but the process prior is very nice.

Ken was pissed he had to go out and shovel again. He made Taylor go with him, and Mandy and I worked on taking Christmas down.





Ken came in the house after putting all of the boxes back on the shelves in the garage, and he stood in the living room.  When he turned to look at me, he was sad.  "Christmas is over."  I felt bad for him especially since he never enjoyed Christmas before.  Then he cracked a smile, pointed outside and said, "Well, the snow was beautiful when it was Christmas snow, but now it's just a ton of white shit out there."

Our living room is weird to us now - it's empty.  Mandy said we should get another small tree for the front area and decorate it for all seasons and holidays since it's too weird not having things around.

Ken also came up with a really great plan.  Apparently, he developed this plan while shoveling snow:

Once I retire, we will sell this house to one of the girls.  We will then remodel the basement to have a huge master bedroom, a living room, and a jucuzzi room.  Then, we will purchase a condo in Arizona where we will spend the winters after hunting season is over.  I laughed so hard at his idea.  He was the one who wanted to have snow and a real winter, and now he's bitching.  

Ken worked in his reloading room for the afternoon, Taylor went to Chase's house to watch a football game, the other two girls worked on their chores, and I started a new stitching project.  
 
Fern by Nora Corbett on 32ct Jobelan in "April Showers" from Hand Dyed by Stephanie

I have no clue how I'm going to continue with this 15 Miras project.  Having this many projects going at one time is killing me.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment