Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

BBQ and friends

Well, I failed to take any pictures, but we had a great day yesterday with friends and the girls.  Taylor's "BFF", Kendyll, and her parents came over for a BBQ at our house.  Ken made his Drunken Chicken (otherwise known as Beer Butt Chicken to the girls), and we had chips, dip, pasta salad, and other goodies.  Martin Hoover actually put in an appearance with Kathy - I want to say girlfriend, but when I introduced her as such, she made a face, so I'm still not sure.


Anyway, the adults sat around the table and enjoyed talking about anything and everything.  We caught up on stories and lives and then enjoyed a great supper.  Because we started so early - 3 pm - we had plenty of time to enjoy talking.  Martin and Kathy left early to run errands, but Grant and Cynthia stayed until after 9.  We enjoyed a cigar and the fire with drinks and the girls all played.  Lucky Ken and me - Taylor was invited to spend the night.  Whoo-hoo!  Cynthia said that it totally worked for her to keep Kendyll occupied on the holiday, and I didn't mind since Taylor has been so well behaved lately.


The day/night was low key but fun.  Ken and I love getting together with friends and hanging out, and I love that Ken helps to clean the mess. LOL  And, everything was made better by the fact we didn't have to get up early the next morning because of the holiday.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment