Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fast Weekends

Sunday was busy despite being a "day of rest."  Taylor was up early so she could go ice fishing with Chase and his dad.  She didn't return until around 4, and the guys were nice enough to give us the fish they had caught for supper.  


Since Taylor was up earlier than the rest of us, imagine my happy surprise to have seen that note! These are the little things that let me know I'm doing something right.  And, as you can see, I wasn't out of bed before 8 am.  Yay!!  

The funny part was that Taylor was back really quickly.  It seems that she thought sneakers would be appropriate foot wear for the ice.  Her nickname for the day was "dumbass" by the other men in the group.  She did catch a very large trout, but it jumped off her hook and got away.  The story of that was told over and over again by Chase when they returned.  

Ken spent the day at the Gun Club doing range maintenance.  I couldn't believe they were going through with it on such a gross day, but apparently, they had to burn an outhouse down, and this was perfect weather for it.  When Ken called me to say he was coming home, he started the conversation with, "What do you want?"  He wasn't angry, so the question threw me off.  He then went into a long and excited story about his day and about how happy he is here.  He kept thanking me over and over for moving him here, and he wants to die here and be buried here.  For anyone who really knows us, that is a huge statement for Ken!!!  

I went to church this morning, and then I spent the rest of my day working on that online conference I paid for about teaching the new English Language Arts standards to the most severe students.  

During church, however, the youth were asked to go to the front and sing with Pastor Baker.  Mandy was losing her mind at the thought of going up there.  However, I made her do it.  She was upset that Taylor wasn't there, and she was having to go it alone.  I reminded her that there were others up there with her and she would be fine.
At the end of it, she ran back to where we were sitting.  Oh, and I do mean she RAN back.  Everyone who has gotten to know her understands that every time she ends up in public, a little bit of her soul is chipped away - at least that's how she reacts.  

Ironically, we checked her grades and Mandy was excited to see her new classes for next semester.....until she saw that she was placed in Communication.  I laughed so hard at the irony of this, and she shriveled up before my eyes.  She is now completely a wreck waiting for the class to start tomorrow (they have an A and B schedule at the school).

Abby came over after church to hang out with Jordan for a while, so Jordan finally got to have her friend over.  They had a great time laughing and giggling all day.

As I said, I worked on that conference.  I only have 10 days to complete the 6 lessons, and there is never time at work to do anything since I don't get a prep period.  This was not how I wanted to spend my money nor my personal time, but the new standards for the alternate assessment are overwhelming.


There is not a whole lot that is actually helping me in this seminar, but there is good information. I seriously doubt that my severe students will every master this information and meet these standards, but the steps are still good information to have.

Despite being exhausted, I refused to go to bed until I got my final "start" for the 15 Miras.  
 
Scarlet Tanger by Nora Corbett on Snow Drifts by Stephanie

There are a total of 12, and the last three can't be started until I receive my fabric order from Stephanie.

I was glad that I stayed up that extra hour to stitch.  Just doing this little bit helped to relax me, and it took my mind off of everything else to help me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment