Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Ft. Smith, Montana

Yep, you're seeing this correctly.  There's nothing like working with a group of students and then sounding/looking like an idiot because you are suddenly distracted.

My monthly trip to Ft. Smith began quietly as normal.  I was assigned to this additional school to assist the Superintendent as a parent was making his life hell.  I seemed to have smoothed that over, but I am now "stuck" driving an hour each way to handle paperwork and assist the Staff in servicing these students.  I don't get much time to work with the students, but I do the best I can with the time that I have.  The Staff there is really nice and they seem to like me - which is always good.

So, I was talking with a group of students and then suddenly I saw movement outside.  Imagine my surprise when I looked and saw three deer!  There was a young buck and two does just wandering around, and they didn't mind all of the movement from the people.  I learned that the school is on a Park, and the deer know that they are protected from hunters.   


 It was totally cool to be able to get up close photos of the animals!!  They seriously did not mind the newbie who was gawking.  The buck was trying for a little tail, but neither doe was having any part of him.  It was funny to watch!

The Staff at Ft. Smith find me hysterical!  They love that I have no clue about Montana life, but they are great about sharing.  Two of the Staff members are related and have a Family Ranch, so they were telling me all about shipping cattle, saving their Heifers and about Preg Checks.  It is all new to me, and I love learning all about it.

I returned to Hardin and voted in my first Montana election.  I was very disappointed that the voter pamphlet we had received did not prepare me well for everything on the ballot.  I was grossly uninformed, so I only voted on the areas that I had knowledge and was prepared for.  I wish I had known more prior so I could have researched better and made an impact.  Cest la vie, I know, but it still sucks for me.  I love participating in the voting process, and it bothers me when others are uninformed and voting.

Ken returned home from his hike with our Pastor.  They had gone out to the Wyola area and went 14 miles today.  Ken is loving it here, which makes it all worth it to me.  He was tired and sore, but we went out for supper because some new friends of ours were to be opening their new restaurant - Three Brothers Bistro.

Well, as we got there, we saw Kerry on a ladder and the place wasn't full.  When we went inside, we learned they weren't opening today as the fire inspector set off their system, so they were cleaning up.  Ugh!!  What a pain for them!!  Scott and Crystal Uffelman were there with their girls and Laura Erb was there with Shay.  We also got to meet Laura's husband, Arvin.  Kerry had no problem feeding everyone who showed up.  I pitched in to help clean a bit as did Crystal and Laura.  The pizza was amazing, and there's always good wine flowing there.  

We got home late, but the girls got straight into their showers and into bed without a problem.  

All in all, this was a great day.  I am still in awe about my new State.

No comments:

Post a Comment